Tawa Swimming Club, established in 1971, is located in the suburb of Tawa, 15km from Wellington City. Our Mission is to “promote, foster and encourage long term involvement in swimming”. Our Values are Teamwork Achievement Welcoming Attitude Sportsmanship Contribution. Our Club comprises a Club swimming programme and Competitive swimming squads. Tawa Swimming Club is run by volunteers, with competitive swimming squads overseen by a coach. Our swimmers have competed at all levels, including national representative groups.
If you are interested in joining a swim club for the first time please contact our Club Captain.
If you are an experienced squad swimmer wanting to join our competitive squads (entry criteria apply) please contact our Head Coach.
The bulk of our Competitive swimmers initially join Club swimming and develop through a pathway in the Club.
Transfer process from competitive squads at other local clubs to Tawa:
(1) Prospective member contacts Head Coach;
(2) Head Coach arranges a trial, with appropriate coach, at Tawa;
(3) Coaches determine an appropriate fit/placement during a trial process;
(4) Coaches make a recommendation regarding the application to the Committee;
(5) Committee considers transfer applications not less than monthly;
(6) Squad Coordinator advises applicant of the outcome;
(7) Transfer applicants are advised to keep swimming at their current club pending the outcome of their application;
(8) Acceptance is not guaranteed as we have limited capacity and current members take priority for available spaces;
(9) All transfers are provisional until Club Subscriptions, Affiliation and Squad fees are paid, and Swimming Wellington completes the transfer.
20th September 2020 General
Please find your August 2020 Newsletter.pdf here.
27th August 2020 General
About club swimming for your child
Join our competitive squads
(entry criteria apply)
All about fees, coaches, meetings, sponsorship and other club information