Membership Fee Policy
- Reason for this policy
This Policy covers the charging of an annual membership fee and the request for refunds/credits. This policy does not cover squad fees which are covered in a separate policy.
The Club has fixed costs which are met by the annual membership fee. These costs include: pool hire, administration costs of club, club room costs, coach training, prize giving costs, affiliation fees etc
From time to time the Club will be approached by a club member seeking a refund or credit for membership subscription already paid.
- Who this policy applies to
This Policy applies to all members and prospective members of Tawa Swimming Club
- The annual membership subscription is payable regardless of whether the member is a Competitive, Club or Recreational swimmer.
- All prospective members are entitled to trial with the club for 2 weeks before applying to join. The period of invoicing will include the 2 week trial period.
- Upon joining, a new member will be sent an invoice. Payment confirms membership and after that time no refunds are available.
- Returning members to the club are invoiced at the start of each financial year. Upon payment of the subscription fee no refund is available.
- For swimmers in their final year of college and intending to leave the club after January, the annual subscription fee will be reduced by 25%.
- If joining after 31 December, the annual subscription fee will be reduced by 25%.
- If joining after 31 March, the annual subscription fee will be reduced by 75% for Club/Recreational swimmers and 25% for Competitive swimmers. Fourth quarter new members may compete in swim meets appropriate to their membership type, but may not enter Club Championships for that financial year.
- A full subscription, as appropriate for the joining date as above, is to be paid to Tawa by members who start the financial year at another Club, and transfer to Tawa. There are no discounts for affiliation fees paid through another Club.
- Breach of Policy
It is a breach of this Policy for any person or organisation to which this Policy applies to have been found to have:
- Not paid their annual membership fee within the specified time frame.
- Forms of Discipline
If a member or a prospective member bound by this Policy breaches this Policy by not paying the subscription fee then one of more forms of discipline may be imposed. These may include but are not limited to: a financial penalty, suspension or de-registration.
This Policy comes into effect immediately, it shall be reviewed annually.
This policy was updated and approved at Committee Meeting of the Tawa Swimming Club held in April 2019.
Other documents that relate to this policy are our Tawa Swimming Club membership form and the Swimming NZ membership form – both of which are completed by all members upon joining the club.
Signed: Clive Kirby, President
Tawa Swimming Club April 2019