Monday 23rd April 2018
Volunteer coach training
Thanks to Wellington City Council (WCC) funding, we were able to send 4 of our regular volunteer coaches on the NZ Swim Teacher Award course on Sunday 13 May 2018. This directly benefits the 40 or so children these coaches currently teach, and more children in future.
- SNZ STA is a nationally recognised training programme developed to train people for teaching swimming and personal survival
- On completion of the SNZ STA course requirements, participants also receive the National Certificate in Recreation and Sport – Aquatics (Swim Education) (43 Level 3 credits)
- SNZ STA covers how people learn, teaching and learning styles and effective communication
- SNZ STA outlines health and safety requirements in and around the aquatic environment
- SNZ STA explains the progressions of learn to swim
- SNZ STA provides the tools to assist in the planning and delivering an effective swimming lesson
To complete the qualification volunteers need to complete 20 hours of on-the-job coaching with log books and lesson plans.
Tawa Swimming Club thanks all its volunteer coaches and notes that swimming teenagers are making a huge contribution to the Club through volunteering. Community contribution is alive and well in Tawa Swimming Club!